Join 100’s of voters, activists, candidates & grassroots organizations as we discuss the REAL obstacles to getting more women & people of color on the ballot and then also elected, here in Illinois, in 2017 and 2018.
Join the conversation on Facebook: http://bit.ly/symFB
Hear from inspiring speakers, meet some of the candidates, connect with the grassroots organizations making a big impact who need your help & perhaps most of all - MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
Among the organizations participating in this symposium are:
- Indivisible Chicago
- Reclaim Chicago
- the Rise Movement
- Rodham Consulting
- The Civic Lab & the authors of "Chicago Is Not Broke"
- The League of Women Voters of Illinois
Confirmed speakers (more to be added):
- Jonathan Peck (Community organizer, adviser to Chuy Garcia)
- Rebecca Sive ("Every Day Is Election Day")
You'll want to attend this event if:
• you're fired up and don't know where to direct your energy
• you're taking action - marching, calling - but you want your actions to have MORE impact
• you want to be part of something bigger than yourself
• you want connection and support from 1000's of people right here in Chicago who share your thoughts, ideas, passions & beliefs
• you want to get connected in a meaningful way to people and organizations making REAL change
• you want to BE the force for change that your community, your state and even your country needs now!
5 - 6 Networking reception (cash bar, lite apps provided)
6 - 8 Speakers & breakout discussions
8 - 9 Networking & volunteer sign-up opportunities
Tickets (includes lite apps, cash bar):
$25 General admission
$180 Table of 10
Tickets are transferrable, but non-refundable.
Planning committee: Julia Kline, Sameena Mustafa, Ebony Lucas, Jennifer Morgan, and Peter Schmookler.